Voor en door Grote Gezinnen
LEVI, Finland -- Canadas Marie-Michele Gagnon continued her

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Grote Gezinnen // schoolkinderen
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
zhanjiao1212

BerichtGeplaatst: 25-01-2019 06:27:33    Onderwerp: LEVI, Finland -- Canadas Marie-Michele Gagnon continued her Reageren met citaat
LEVI, Finland -- Canadas Marie-Michele Gagnon continued her strong start to the season with a fifth-place result in the first World Cup slalom of the year on Saturday, while teammate Elli Terwiel was a career-best 11th. Custom New Orleans Saints Jerseys . Gagnon, from Lac-Etchemin, Que., all but secured her spot on Canadas team for the 2014 Sochi Olympic Winter Games with a 10th-place finish in last months giant slalom opener in Austria and the versatile 24-year-old followed that up with two determined, attacking runs Saturday amid strong winds and varying light. After two races she is sixth in the overall ladies World Cup rankings. "Im stoked -- just super happy that this race brought me fifth place and so, so happy for Elli. She was awesome today," said Gagnon, who had a two-run combined time of one minute 56.80 seconds. "It was a weird race -- it was a bit of a free-for-all. "I knew I wasnt far out after the first run. I skied just like I do in training -- it was just like a normal run." Terwiel, from Sun Peaks, B.C., found herself sitting seventh after an incredible first run and although she fell back a little on her second run an 11th-place finish represents her best-ever result in a World Cup race. Britt Phelan of Mont-Tremblant, Que., Anna Goodman of Pointe Claire, Que., and Erin Mielzynski of Collingwood, Ont., did not qualify for the second run. Terwiel, whose best World Cup results before Saturdays race were two 17th-place finishes -- both in January, 2013 -- took advantage of the wind dying down to put together a superb first run. "When I came down at the end of the first run I was fourth and I did a little bit of an open-jawed spin-around in the finish. It was a little too good to be true," said Terwiel, 24, who had a two-run combined time of 1:57.30. "A lot of things can go sideways so I tried to just focus on my skiing and the things Ive been working on in training this summer. This is my best result ever and its a top 12, which is one of the things I need for Olympic qualification. Its really exciting." American phenom Mikaela Shiffrin made a big mistake at the end of her second run but still dominated to win with a two-run combined time of 1:55.07. Germanys Maria Hoefl-Riesch was second (1:56.13) and Slovenias Tina Maze was third (1:56.6Cool -- just twelve-hundredths ahead of Gagnon. The 18-year-old Shiffrin led by half a second after the first run and raced seamlessly at the top of the hill in the second to extend her advantage, overcoming a mistake near the end to clock a combined time of 1 minute, 55.07 seconds. "Im really happy with how the day went and Im also really excited because it looks like there are some pretty fast girls in the back of the pack," Shiffrin said. "Im excited for the Olympics for sure but there are a couple of races between now and then, so hopefully I can just keep this going." The basic qualification criteria for nomination to Canadas Olympic team in alpine skiing is two top-12 World Cup results, with at least one this season. A single top-five result this year also counts, so Gagnon effectively cemented her place at the 2014 Sochi Olympic Winter Games with Saturdays result. Shes the only Canadian to have pre-qualified in alpine skiing to date. Marcus Davenport Saints Jersey . -- Jake Paterson made 39 saves as the Saginaw Spirit halted the Guelph Storms seven-game win streak with a 6-3 victory on Sunday in Ontario Hockey League action. DeMario Davis Jersey . - Regan Smith had the checkered flag in sight at Daytona a year ago and a freight train of cars in his rearview mirror. http://www.saintsrookiestore.com/Saints-Tre-Quan-Smith-Jersey/ . The Islanders own the fifth pick in the 2014 draft but had until June 1 to decide whether to keep it or defer to 2015. The selection was packaged in the teams deal for Thomas Vanek on October 27, 2013.In a shocking upset that stunned the planet and parts of the galaxy, Mercer beat Duke 78-71. After the loss, White refused to make good on the bet, instead offering Hoyt tickets to a Bears game. Cue the social backlash. So heres the question: did White and Hoyt have a binding contract that requires White to pay up? In order to have a binding contract, you need to have a three things: an offer, an acceptance and something called consideration. Its not crazy to say that the first 2 elements are met here. White made an offer, and Hoyt accepted the offer when he can excitedly tweeted "Ill take that offer!". So far so good for Hoyt. On to the third element of consideration. Consideration is an essential element for the formation of a contract. In order to have it, each side has to promise or provide something of value to the other. You give me something and I give you something. Without this exchange, there is no contract. For example, if you express an interest in my banjo and I agree to sell it to you for $50,000, we have the consideration we need to say we have a contract. Im getting $50K and youre getting an awesome instrument that brings people together. This is where things fall apart for Hoyt. This deal didnt have the requisite consideration. The valuee only flowed in one direction – to Hoyt. Patrick Robinson Jersey. . There was no value going the other way to White. The deal was one-sided. That means we dont have a binding contract. You might be able to argue consideration if White had tweeted out that if you follow him and Duke loses, he will give away season tickets. In this case, it could be said that White is getting value because when people follow him, his brand becomes more valuable which in turn can translate into sponsor dollars and marketing opportunities. Theres also another problem for Hoyt. Before you can say there is a legally binding contract, you have to show that both sides intended on entering into the contract in the first place. That would be tough to show here. Ultimately, White would say he was just joking. He doesnt know Hoyt and the tickets he offered arent even available. This all went down in the informal environment that is Twitter. A contract was never contemplated. So all this means that there is no binding contract between White and Hoyt, and as a result, Hoyt cant force White to cough up the season tickets. That being said, the next question to answer is whether White should provide Hoyt with season tickets. And thats something I suspect everyone has an opinion on including my banjo teacher. Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Wholesale Discount Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Baseball Jerseys Free Shipping Cheapest College Jerseys Sale Cheap Football Jerseys China Nike NFL Jerseys Canada Wholesale NHL Jerseys From China MLB Jerseys Outlet Canada Wholesale NBA Jerseys Canada Store Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap Authentic Jerseys Canada ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Grote Gezinnen // schoolkinderen Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: