Voor en door Grote Gezinnen
Butch Harmon reflects on Phil Mickelsons impressive start to

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Grote Gezinnen // even voorstellen
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
zhanjiao1212

BerichtGeplaatst: 05-01-2019 01:48:23    Onderwerp: Butch Harmon reflects on Phil Mickelsons impressive start to Reageren met citaat
Butch Harmon reflects on Phil Mickelsons impressive start to The 145th Open and warns not to write off Dustin Johnsons title challenge at Royal Troon. Donovan Mitchell College Jersey ... The 145th Open Latest leaderboard I think weve seen two very different days. Thursday was a perfect day where it was warm and the wind going out made the course a lot easier. We saw Phil Mickelson tie the Open record round and have a chance for a 62, where he hit a heck of a putt which didnt quite make it.The second round was totally different, as the wind completely switched directions and it was cold and rainy. Even with those poor conditions though, the golf has still been very good. Ten under par is leading heading in to the weekend, which is pretty darn good after two days here. For Phil Mickelson not to win this tournament I think hes going to need to have a bad round and right now I just cant see that happening. Butch Harmon If you look at Dustin Johnson starting out, his swing was a little out of sync on Thursday. He did some good work on the range with Claude while I was on TV and said he warmed up well. He started his second round a little iffy, and after managing to knock it to three feet at the first hole he still missed it.After that though, he started to settle down and got himself back up to two under. Hes a long way behind, but he still has two rounds to go and he has the tendency to get better each round. Get a Sky Sports Pass Dont miss The Open. Watch live on NOW TV today for £10.99. No contract. Hes still going to be there or thereabouts come Sunday night. The course suits him as he can use the driver when he needs to and can hit irons off the tee.What were seeing with DJ, especially since he won the US Open, is that hes playing with so much more confidence. Hes feeling so much more relaxed in his game and I think hes going to make some sort of charge on Saturday. Johnson birdied three of his final four holes I love the way Henrik Stenson plays golf and I think hes one of the best players in the world . It appears at times that his concentration lapses and that often hurts him a little bit over 72 holes, but he has handled the elements and mentally stuck to his job.Before it started I was never going to pick my guys as thats not fair, but I always felt Stenson was one who could impress and right now hes making me look good! Links golf will sort you out and if youre not 100 per cent in control of what youre doing in your swing and control of the ball, it will get you as you cant fake it around here.You could tell last week at Castle Stuart though that Mickelson, who shot 66 in the last round, was trending in the right direction heading in to this week. He did what you have to do in Links golf on Thursday in hitting most of the fairways and only taking 26 putts, which is what you have to do to shoot a low round. Mickelson impressed in the rain Mickelson looks awfully good right now and is in complete control of his game. I love that how he has really adapted to playing links golf over the past four years or so.Hes not trying to overpower the golf course and is really taking what the course is giving him. Hes putting beautifully and hes the most creative guy Ive ever seen play golf, as his short game is phenomenal. I think hes going to be hard to beat.For Phil Mickelson not to win this tournament I think hes going to need to have a bad round and right now I just cant see that happening. Open on Sky Ways to watch The Open Watch The Open throughout the week on Sky Sports - your new home of The Open Also See: Royal Troon leaderboard The 145th Open: Day two recap Ways to watch The Open Golf live on Sky Sports Authentic Louisville Jerseys .ca. Hi Kerry, Welcome back! Im sure you heard Peter Forsbergs comments last week regarding Canadian referees in the gold medal game. Seems to me that he was questioning the integrity and impartiality. Throwback Louisville Jerseys . TSNs coverage of the Third Round gets underway Sunday with Game 1: Los Angeles at Chicago at 3pm et/Noon pt. TSNs broadcast schedule for the Third Round of the 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs is as follows: Chicago Blackhawks vs. Los Angeles Kings• Game 1: Los Angeles at Chicago – Sunday, May 18 at 3pm et/Noon pt• Game 2: Los Angeles at Chicago – Wednesday, May 21 at 8pm et/5pm pt• Game 4: Chicago at Los Angeles – Monday, May 26 at 9pm et/6pm pt Featured in the broadcast booth for TSN are play-by-play announcer Chris Cuthbert and game analyst Ray Ferraro, with Farhan Lalji contributing reports from rinkside. http://www.cheaplouisvillejerseys.com/ .Y. -- The New York Islanders were seeking a positive finish to a frustrating season on home ice.PARIS - Amélie Mauresmo was officially appointed Andy Murrays coach on Sunday as the British star prepares to embark on the grass-court season and defend his Wimbledon title. There are a handful of women coaching players on the ATP Tour, but none with anywhere close to the profile of Murray, a two-time Grand Slam winner and Olympic gold medallist. "Amélie is someone I have always looked up to and admired," Murray said in a statement. "Shes faced adversity plenty of times in her career, but was an amazing player." It is rare for an elite mens player to be mentored by a woman, especially one who is not related to him. Jimmy Connors was once coached by his mother. Billie Jean King coached Tim Mayotte for a short time. Andrei Chesnokov was coached by Tatiana Naumko. Early in the French Open, Murray was asked about the possibility of hiring a female coach and how that may be received by his peers. "For me, I dont care," said Murray, who had been without a coach since parting ways with Ivan Lendl in March. "I dont really care whether some of the other male players like it or not. Thats not something that really bothers me. I was coached by my mum for a long time. I have had her around at tournaments for a long time. There has been ex-players and stuff that have said, Oh, your mom shouldnt be around, or, She shouldnt come and support you or come to watch. You know, its silly. "Everyone is entitled to have the team around them that they want. Everyone works very differently. You know, some men might not work well with a female. Some men might work well with a female coach. Its just whatever your preference is and whatever your needs are. Thats basically it." Judy Murray, Andys mum, weighed in on Twitter saying, "Love it," in response to the news. Mauresmo, a former world No. 1, who won Wimbledon and the Australian Open, held a news conference in Paris just moments before the start of the mens French Open championship match between Rafael Nadal, coach by his Uncle Toni, and Novak Djokovic, who is coached by Boris Becker. The following is a transcript of Mauresmos exchange with reporters: Q. What was the moment when you thought that you would take over as coach of Andy Murray? What is it about the job that is fascinating to you? AMÉLIE MAURESMO: Andy contacted me a few weeks ago and we started to talk about this possibility to work, to be working together. Its not really something that I was thinking doing when I stopped being a tennis player. Then we talked again a little bit more about how to do the things maybe about his game, about different things. We came up with the will from both sides to, yeah, to give it a shot. Q. Could you talk a bit about the fact obviously youre a woman, hes a man. Do you consider that of any relevance, or do you see it possibly as a positive advantage for you? AMÉLIE MAURESMO: I would say that, yeah, I mean, its probably something that have to you ask him at some point why he made this choice. We all know his mother was a big part of his tennis career. I think hes maybe looking for something different, about emotions and sensitive things. Its not really interesting for me, this part of the story, to be honest. All Im interested in is to be able to help him in his goals. Thats about it. The rest is the story for you to write, I guess. But, yeah, for me its a challenge. I want to take it. Q. Can you tell us what areas of Andys game you believe you can be the most help to him in? AMÉLIE MAURESMO: I dont think Im going to go into these details right now. I think we really get to know each other, really get to start, and actually start working together. Well maybe talk about iit at some point. Cheap Louisville Jerseys Authentic. Q. He had obviously choices and people to consider. When he contacted you the first time, did he say, Amélie, the reason I decided that you would be the right person is because you could bring me this or this that? Did he give you a reason why he thought of you? AMÉLIE MAURESMO: Yeah, he did. Q. Can you tell us what it is? AMÉLIE MAURESMO: Not really (Laughter). Not really. I mean, maybe he will tell you at some point. Q. Have you watched his game much over the years? Did you have any sort of relationship with him? Were you surprised when he rang? AMÉLIE MAURESMO: We didnt really talk to each other more than just greeting each other and stuff. I have watched him play, yes, many times. Again, we have talked a little bit already about his game. We definitely going to get more into this very soon, I guess. Q. Were you surprised when he rang? AMÉLIE MAURESMO: It was a little bit of a surprise, yes. To be honest, yes. Q. This will obviously get a lot of attention because you are a woman going to be coaching a top man. Do you think it is an important step for mens sport for somebody to make this decision? AMÉLIE MAURESMO: Again, I mean, I guess it is a big story to write on and a step forward. But honestly, its not my big concern right now. Im happy about this new challenge. I want to help Andy. Its the only thing that I have in mind right now. Q. I think the reason why Andy stopped working with Ivan Lendl is Ivan said he didnt have enough time to spend with him. You will be available to travel with Andy throughout the year, will you? AMÉLIE MAURESMO: We have already, yes, talked about this. Yeah, not the whole year, not as fulltime, but, yes, significant amount of weeks that we have agreed on and should be good for everyone. Q. From your point of view, what do you expect to achieve with Andy and what would make the job a success for you? AMÉLIE MAURESMO: Well, its quite easy for me to answer this, and hes very open on this. He wants to win more Grand Slam or Grand Slams, so I guess thats what it is. Q. You were in a comfortable position as a TV consultant. AMÉLIE MAURESMO: Yeah, I was sitting. Now I will be... Q. You will have almost the same pressure as Andy. The expectations will be high. So what was the reason for you to accept such a tough challenge? AMÉLIE MAURESMO: First of all, I think he has the most pressure. Thats for sure when youre a player, and I know what it is. You have huge pressure on your shoulders. This will remain this way. Yes, it will change a little bit my life and my retirement, lets say. But Im passionate. Im passionate about this sport. I love challenges. I dont know, I guess I like to put myself on the line at some point and see what I can do. Q. We all know that since Billie Jean, a big part of the WTA, has been about the empowerment of women and opportunities. We all know also its extremely difficult for WTA players. What were your thoughts that Ernests Gulbis made the other day that he would not want his sisters to go into tennis and that its very tough and they should be focusing on families? AMÉLIE MAURESMO: I know him a little bit. I think you guys also know him quite a lot. Hes provocative at some point. Im not sure he was really thinking this way. He explained a little bit later why he said this. Im not really Im not shocked by this because I know him. I know how he is. Q. How long is your commitment with Andy? AMÉLIE MAURESMO: We are going to do the grass court season and we will talk after that. Cheap Throwback Baseball Detroit Tigers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Colorado Rockies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Houston Astros Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Kansas City Royals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Angels Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Dodgers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Miami Marlins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Milwaukee Brewers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Minnesota Twins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Mets Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Yankees Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Oakland Athletics Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Philadelphia Phillies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Pittsburgh Pirates Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Diego Padres Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Francisco Giants Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Seattle Mariners Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball St. Louis Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Tampa Bay Rays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Texas Rangers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Toronto Blue Jays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Washington Nationals Jerseys ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Grote Gezinnen // even voorstellen Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: