Voor en door Grote Gezinnen
Manuel is not ready. Bufffalo is also short on depth

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Grote Gezinnen // met hoeveel zijn jullie?
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
zhanjiao1212

BerichtGeplaatst: 13-01-2019 06:35:08    Onderwerp: Manuel is not ready. Bufffalo is also short on depth Reageren met citaat
MILWAUKEE -- St. Wholesale Air Max 97 Ireland . Louis Cardinals pitcher Adam Wainwright knew how tough it was for the Milwaukee Brewers to play Saturday after finding out that shortstop Jean Seguras 9-month-old son had died. But Wainwright had to push those thoughts aside as he pitched seven strong innings to lead the Cardinals to a 10-2 win over Milwaukee for a tie atop the NL Central. The Brewers lost their seventh in a row. Segura left the team and travelled home to the Dominican Republic, a day after his 9-month-old son died. The Brewers observed a moment of silence for Janniel Segura, and the clubhouse was closed before the game. The 24-year-old shortstop was put on the bereavement list when he learned after the Brewers 7-6 loss to St. Louis on Friday night that his son had died. Manager Ron Roenicke said the boy had been ill. "When something like that happens, you become a family," Wainwright said. "Baseball as a whole becomes a family. Theres bigger things than baseball. I understand that hes going through something that I hope I never, never have to go through. So our hearts and prayers go out to him." Cardinals manager Mike Matheny was catcher for the Cardinals when St. Louis pitcher Darryl Kile died of a heart problem on June 22, 2002. "The extended family in (Milwaukees) clubhouse is hurting right along with him," he said. "You cant help but take a step back and just prioritize life. Prioritize just how fragile it is. It gives us perspective." "When that happened (Kiles death), we had a lot of guys having a bunch of conversations you typically wouldnt have inside a clubhouse," Matheny said. Wainwright (12-4) gave up two runs and five hits. He has allowed just four earned runs in his last six starts. Wainwright helped himself with an RBI single and tied Cincinnatis Alfredo Simon and the Yankees Masahiro Tanaka for the most wins in the majors. St. Louis trailed Milwaukee by 6 1/2 games on July 1, but Wainwright knows how quickly a teams fortune can change in a week. In fact, he said that a week ago. "My quote was In a week from now, we could be doing a completely different kind of interview," he said. "It could be what has turned the season around for. And, thats whats happened. This game is a funny game of ups and downs. The teams that have the most ups and the least amount of downs end up winning the whole thing." Tony Cruz drove in a career-high three runs and Kolten Wong homered for the Cardinals. "Its nice to be able to make a little ground," Matheny said. "It just comes back to playing each game the right way." For the Brewers, it was a most difficult day. "I think everybody in the clubhouse was affected quite a bit," manager Ron Roenicke said. "I dont want to make excuses. We knew that we still have a game to play and a job to do, but we did not play well today." The Brewers have lost 11 of 12. They had held sole possession of first place since April 9. Frustrated Brewers star Carlos Gomez struck out swinging in the fifth inning and tried three times without success to break the bat over his leg. He slammed his helmet and tore up his batting gloves. Jimmy Nelson (1-1) went 4 1/3 innings, giving up eight runs and eight hits. He was recalled from Triple-A Nashville on Thursday to make his first start since replacing ineffective Marco Estrada in the rotation. St. Louis took a 3-0 lead in the first inning. A two-out error by second baseman Scooter Gennett on a grounder set up Cruzs two-run single. Wong hit a two-run homer in the second. It was his fifth home run in the last six games since coming back from the disabled list. Cruz doubled home a run in the third. NOTES: Milwaukee recalled INF Elian Herrera from Triple-A Nashville to replace Segura on the roster. ... The Brewers will start RHP Wily Peralta (9-6) in the series finale Sunday against Carlos Martinez (2-3). Cheap Air Max 97 Sale . The teams all-time leading scorer, DeRo has won everything there is to win in MLS. Cheap Authentic Air Max 97 . According to a report from ESPN, the Green Bay Packers have re-signed the cornerback to a four-year, $39 million deal with a $12. http://www.cheapairmax97ireland.com/ . During halftime, Love told The Associated Press he would receive treatment Saturday night and hoped to play Monday night against Houston. "I knew that my quad was bothering me pretty bad so I went out there and tried to move around a little bit and it just wasnt quite right," Love said.BUFFALO, N.Y. -- The Buffalo Bills have given themselves room to manoeuvr while continuing whats become a weeklong shuffle of their quarterback-depleted roster. In releasing five players -- including newly acquired quarterback Thaddeus Lewis -- on Saturday, the Bills are three spots short of their 53-player roster limit entering the first week of the season. That opens the likelihood of Buffalo spending time scouring the waiver wire to add players to address its most pressing needs at quarterback and cornerback. The Bills also released veteran linebacker Bryan Scott and defensive linemen Torrell Troup, Jamie Blatnick and Izaan Cross. Lewis became the latest quarterback on the way out in Buffalo, a day after the team cut Matt Leinart and placed veteran Kevin Kolb on injured reserve because of a concussion. Lewis had spent less than a week in Buffalo, after being acquired in a trade that sent reserve linebacker Chris White to Detroit. Lewis went seven of 16 for 132 yards passing, including a 79-yard touchdown to Marcus Easley in taking over for Leinart in the second quarter of a 35-13 preseason finale loss to Detroit on Thursday. He also had a Bills-leading 51 yards rushing. Without Lewis, the Bills are left with two quarterbacks -- rookie first-round pick EJ Manuel and undrafted rookie Jeff Tuel-- on their roster in preparing to open the season against New England. Manuel has missed two weeks after hurting his left knee, and its unclear if hell be ready to play next weekend. Tuel is penciled in to start against the Patriots if Manuel is not ready. Bufffalo is also short on depth at cornerback with starter Stephon Gilmore to miss the first five to seven weeks with a broken wrist. Air Max 97 Ireland Cheap. The Bills have been off since Thursdays game, and return to practice Sunday afternoon. Scott is a 10-year veteran, who spent the past six seasons playing several roles in Buffalo. The Bills were forced to cut Scott after they failed in a bid to trade him over the past two days. "Im still all smiles," Scott told The Associated Press by phone shortly after he was released. "Im so thankful to the organization for the opportunity." The move didnt entirely catch him by surprise, even though the Bills had re-signed Scott to a one-year contract before the start of free agency in March. "My only regret is we didnt get over that hump and get to the team to playoffs," said Scott, referring to Buffalos post-season drought which now stands at 13 seasons. "But Im very much in their corner." Scott, who can also play safety and special teams roles, intends to attempt to continue playing. "I know I still have a lot of gas in the tank, and still want to play," he said. Troup was Buffalos second-round pick in the 2010 draft. After appearing in 15 games, including three starts as a rookie, he played only six more in 2011 and then missed all of last season after having back surgery. Troup was finally healthy entering training camp this season, but was unable to crack a defensive front thats been improved by the off-season addition of veteran free-agent Alan Branch. China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Online Stitched Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Outlet College Jerseys For Sale Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys For Sale Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Grote Gezinnen // met hoeveel zijn jullie? Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: