Voor en door Grote Gezinnen
LONDON - Theres a simple way of measuring if there has been

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Grote Gezinnen // gezocht
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
zhanjiao1212

BerichtGeplaatst: 12-02-2019 06:41:45    Onderwerp: LONDON - Theres a simple way of measuring if there has been Reageren met citaat
LONDON - Theres a simple way of measuring if there has been any progress at Manchester United under Louis van Gaal: the Premier League position and the points tally. Joel Embiid Jersey .After Sundays 1-0 loss to Southampton, with United on 37 points after 21 games, it was inevitable comparisons would be drawn with Van Gaals predecessor. After 21 games, David Moyes had also collected 37 points.So after a year of turmoil, despite more than $250 million spent revamping the squad, United has made no progress?You have been waiting for the moment to tell me I have the same points as David Moyes, Van Gaal snapped after Sundays loss.The Dutchmans irritability is partly justified.The priority is restoring United to the Champions League, ensuring this is a one-off season jettisoned from Europes elite competition. So with United in fourth place, Van Gaal is on target (even if Uniteds budget projections are for a third-place finish).For Moyes, 37 points was only adequate for seventh place during a season when he only spent the first week in the top four. And the downfall for Alex Fergusons anointed successor was United only collecting 20 points from the next 13 matches.On paper, United has the attacking potency to avoid such a slump in the second half of the season, without the distraction of European football.But the so-called Gaalacticos arent always living up to their star billing or mega salaries. It was risible that a team featuring Angel di Maria, Robin van Persie and Wayne Rooney couldnt manage a shot on target, albeit against a Southampton team that has defied expectations to rise to third — above United on Sunday — with the leagues stingiest defence.They came for a draw, I believe, and they go away with a victory, Van Gaal said. That is disappointing.United, though, expected it was hiring a manager with the tactical acumen to come up with a Plan B to outwit opponents as he did at the World Cup last year with the third-place Netherlands. The former Barcelona coach talks about imposing a philosophy that remains a mystery to many.Equally mystifying was the complete absence of Radamel Falcao from Sundays squad when United required all the attacking vigour in its armoury to break through such a sturdy back-four. Paying more than $60 million to turn that loan from Monaco into a permanent deal at the end of the season seems unthinkable at the moment, but predicting how the next five months will unfold would be foolish.As a coach you have to take decisions and you have to look at the composition of your team and your selection and you have to look at your game plan, Van Gaal said. We have a lot of players who are coming back and (Falcao) has played the last five matches in a row.Those five games capped an 11-game unbeaten run in all competitions. Unlike Moyes, that included steering United into the fourth round of the FA Cup, albeit against weaker opposition.And Van Gaals job seems far more secure than his ill-fated predecessor. The air of gloom and negativity that pervaded Old Trafford last season has gone, and fan dissent has been quelled with a cocksure coach in the dugout.Publicly, Van Gaal is saying the right things.Moyes was ridiculed for saying of Manchester City: Its the sort of standard and level we need to try and aspire to get ourselves to. Whereas Van Gaal just last week issued a typically crowd-pleasing declaration: My ambition is that I have the best players who can collaborate with each other to form the best team in the world.The starting point is ensuring strikers perform their primary function and find the net more consistently. Only then will the comparisons with the mediocrity under Moyes stop, even though United is in a more elevated league position.___Rob Harris can be followed at www.twitter.com/RobHarris Julius Erving Jersey . Steve has built a solid reputation throughout the years - first as a hockey player, then as an NHL general manager and now as a scout. Trevor Booker Jersey . - Titans quarterback Jake Locker will miss the rest of the season with a Lisfranc injury to his right foot, leaving Tennessee trying to rally with Ryan Fitzpatrick. http://www.official76ersproshop.com/kids-robert-covington-76ers-jersey/ . This is the final meeting of the season between these teams.? The Capitals were 5-4 winners in a shootout Oct.With two days to go until Wednesdays 3pm et deadline, theres some trade speculation surrounding Jason Spezza and the Ottawa Senators. Sources tell TSN Hockey Insider Darren Dreger that the team is quietly gauging interest on the Senators captain, though Spezza has a limited no-trade clause and carries a large contract. The news comes amidst other reports that the Senators have been searching for a winger to play with him. However, general manager Bryan Murray says he has not talked about the 30-year-old centre. "I had one guy ask if I want to comment to quiet the rumours and I said, No. Im not going to ... The more I say about itt the more its going to be played over and over in the next couple of days," Murray told reporters in Vancouver, where the Senators beat the Canucks 4-2 in the Heritage Classic on Sunday. Justin Anderson Jersey. nbsp;"Ill just say we have not talked, at this point in time, about Jason Spezza." Spezza, who was named captain last fall after the departure of free agent Daniel Alfredsson, has one year remaining on his current deal which pays him $4 million next season - but with a $7 million cap hit. The team signed him to a seven-year, $49 million contract in 2007. He has 15 goals and 46 points in 56 games this season. Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Wholesale Discount Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Baseball Jerseys Free Shipping Cheapest College Jerseys Sale Cheap Football Jerseys China Nike NFL Jerseys Canada Wholesale NHL Jerseys From China MLB Jerseys Outlet Canada Wholesale NBA Jerseys Canada Store Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap Authentic Jerseys Canada ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Grote Gezinnen // gezocht Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: