Voor en door Grote Gezinnen
Jon Jones had the Baltimore crowd roaring when

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Grote Gezinnen // te koop
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
zhanjiao1212

BerichtGeplaatst: 14-02-2019 06:54:06    Onderwerp: Jon Jones had the Baltimore crowd roaring when Reageren met citaat
BALTIMORE -- Jon Jones had the Baltimore crowd roaring when he broke out the "squirrel" dance made famous by Ray Lewis. Jarius Wright Panthers Jersey . It was just the opening act of a dazzling performance. "I hope I got the dance right," Jones said. He nailed it -- then went out and punished Glover Teixeira. Jones flawlessly mixed jabs and elbows in one of the greatest fights of his career, winning a unanimous decision over Teixeira on Saturday night at UFC 172, successfully defending his light heavyweight championship for the seventh straight time. Jones (20-1) won 50-45 on all three scorecards and rolled to his 11th straight victory, the longest streak among active UFC fighters. "I think it was the best peformance of his career," UFC President Dana White said. "I thought he never looked better than he did tonight." He opened his pre-fight walk with the dance Lewis made his signature move. The former Baltimore Ravens linebacker had a cageside seat and stood several times to root on Jones. Chandler Jones and Arthur Jones, his NFL-playing brothers, also attended and sat near Lewis. Arthur Jones, who plays for the Colts, was a Super Bowl champion with Lewis and the Ravens. Often booed, the fighter nicknamed "Bones" turned Baltimore into a home-cage advantage and showed Lewis that perhaps imitation was the sincerest form of battery. "It was great to have the crowd on my side again," he said. "I practiced that dance all day today. Ray was happy." Teixeira (22-3) ended a 20-bout winning streak that dates nine years. "To beat a guy who hasnt lost in 20 fights, I cant complain about that peformance," Jones said. Jones was warned twice about eye pokes in the first two rounds and was threatened to have a point deducted if he did it again. No need. He battered and bloodied the challenger, opening a cut over Teixeiras right eye, and sending his mouthpiece flying with a hard right. Jones took down Teixeira in the final seconds of the fourth and pounded away on his face before the horn sounded. He was in complete control in his latest dominant performance, something he vowed to do after he took a pounding the last time out against Alexander Gustafsson. Jones, one of UFCs biggest active pay-per-view draws, pinned Teixeira against the cage several times and wore him down with body shots. White said Gustafsson and Jones will have a rematch next. "I had to answer a lot of questions after my last fight," Jones said. "Had I lost my mojo? I answered those tonight." Just blocks away from Camden Yards, the real heavy hitters were inside Baltimore Arena for UFCs debut in the city. In the co-main event, Anthony "Rumble" Johnson cruised to a unanimous decision victory over former Penn State wrestler Phil Davis. Johnson fought for UFC for the first time in more than two years after he was cut once before for repeatedly failing to make weight. White welcomed Johnson back with one caveat, he would never return if he failed to make weight for the Davis bout. Johnson made weight for the 205-pound bout -- and made Davis pay. He busted open Davis near his left eye with a flurry of strikes early in the first, stopped all eight takedown attempts over three rounds and won 30-27 on all three cards. Looking at White, Johnson expressed gratitude for his second chance. "Mr. Dana White, thank you for what you did," he said. "Hes the man who changed me. Hes the man who turned me into a beast!" Earlier on the pay-per-view card, Max Halloway choked out Andre Fili in the third round and Jim Miller did the same against Yancy Medeiros in the first round. Luke Rockhold tapped out Tim Boetsch in the first round to keep UFC 172 humming along. "Its the night of guillotines, I guess," Miller said. With UFC bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey in her corner, Jessamyn Duke dropped a unanimous decision to Bethe Correia in the only womens bout. Rousey, perhaps UFCs biggest star, accompanied Duke to the octagon and shook her head in disgust after the scores were announced. "I thought I had it," Duke said. "I knew it was going to be close, but I really thought the fight was mine." Rousey coached Duke on "The Ultimate Fighter" and they train together with other female fighters known as "The Four Horsewomen." Rouseys appearance had fans standing and snapping pictures and was a highlight among the preliminary bouts. Chris Beal opened the card with a flying right knee that connected flush on Patrick Williams chin for a KO. "This might have been the most perfect flying knee Ive ever seen!" White tweeted. Donte Jackson Jersey . There is no argument that the line of Pacioretty, David Desharnais and Thomas Vanek was one of the hottest in the NHL leading into the post-season, and they did combine for three goals and seven points, but it was the depth of all four lines that helped propel Montreal. Ian Thomas Jersey . Viewers in the Jets region can watch the game on TSN Jets at 6:30pm ct/7:30pm et. The game is also avialable on TSN Radio 1290 in Winnipeg at 7pm ct. http://www.shoppanthersonline.us/panthers-ian-thomas-blue-jersey/ . That Ginette Reno can sing.OXNARD, Calif. -- Tony Romo wrapped up his most strenuous day so far at training camp by saying his surgically repaired back would get a rest: He will not play in the preseason opener at San Diego. The Dallas quarterback also planned to sit out a day of practice this week, the latest indication that the Cowboys are closely managing the 34-year-old Romos recovery. Romo pushed himself through a long practice on the teams ninth workout day of camp Sunday. He had been off the previous two days and skipped two practices earlier. "It doesnt feel that much different than the other days, but were just out here more time and with more plays," Romo said after throwing 25 passes in 7-on-7 and team drills Sunday. "Weve been executing real well so it was good to see that again today." Seven months removed from surgery for a herniated disk, Romo says hes 100 per cent but acknowledges that his workout routine has changed significantly. He gets cold water treatment three times a day. And hes constantly stretching and exercising the muscles around the back. He says that back surgery means "you kind of have to change the way you do things." "But that doesnt mean you cant do the things that it takes to be successful on the field or whatever you want to do," Romo said. "Theres been plenty of people whove done it. You just got too go do it. D.J. Moore Jersey. It just takes work." Romo has tested the back by going through consecutive afternoon practices several times in camp. But he hasnt done three in a row yet, and wont this week. If the camp model becomes part of the routine in the regular season, Romo could be sitting out a practice each week. "If it was up to me, I am going to do everything," Romo said. "And then theyll say, Youre done. You did too much. We go, go, go and then youre hurt, and youre out instead of being smart. So thats why we have a lot of people that are smart and take this progression a long way." With Romo saying hes out, Brandon Weeden is likely to get the start against the Chargers on Thursday night. "Hes going to be smart about it," Weeden said of Romo. "I dont worry about it. If hes 34, 39, doesnt really matter. Hes a franchise quarterback. Hes been doing it for so long. He knows what it takes." NOTES: The Cowboys have signed DEs Kenneth Boatright and Adewale Ojomo and waived OG Darius Morris and WR LDamian Washington. ... CB Morris Claiborne hasnt practiced since tendinitis in his right knee flared up Wednesday, making it less likely that he will play against the Chargers. ... CB Brandon Carr wont return to the team until after the San Diego game. His mother died last week. Wholesale Hoodies NFL Shirts Outlet Jerseys NFL Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys Free Shipping Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Grote Gezinnen // te koop Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: