Voor en door Grote Gezinnen
VAL DISERE, France - World Cup leader Tina Wierather of Liec

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Grote Gezinnen // werken en kinderen
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
zhanjiao1212

BerichtGeplaatst: 23-03-2019 03:20:54    Onderwerp: VAL DISERE, France - World Cup leader Tina Wierather of Liec Reageren met citaat
VAL DISERE, France - World Cup leader Tina Wierather of Liechtenstein protected her lead from the first run to win the first giant slalom race of her career on Sunday, her second victory of the season and third of her fast-improving career. Puma Wholesale Australia . "Today was a very great day for me. It was always my dream to be good in GS," Wierather said. "I took quite a long time to get there. It feels awesome to have my first win (in GS)." Wierather leads overall with 595 points from Lara Gut (568), who finished second, and Maria Hoefl-Riesch of Germany (535). "Its cool to have the chance to fight for it. Its the first time Ive been so consistent. But its only December so Im not thinking about that," Wierather said. "Its just that Ive been healthy for some years now and I could improve a little bit every summer. I feel very strong and feel ready for more than just downhill, but also super-G and GS." Julia Mancuso of the United States did not finish the second run. After winning a super-G race at St. Moritz last weekend, the 24-year-old Wierather secured her third career win and 13th podium finish with an overall time of 2 minutes, 24.10 seconds. "Its a process of many years. I tried to improve my technique, my physical performance. Its like a big puzzle and at the moment it looks like it is working," Wierather said. "I used to play tennis until I was 12. I never liked this battle. In skiing its you against the hill and you see the time. You just fight the hill and not the other girls. Thats what I like about ski racing." Wierather was 0.75 seconds clear of Gut, who was third after the first run, and 0.95 ahead of Swedens Maria Pietilae-Holmner, who had been second. Italian Federica Brignone was fourth, ahead of the former World Cup winner Hoefl-Riesch. Gut has four World Cup wins this season, and five podiums, but had failed to finish the last two GS races. "Its always fun to be on the podium and to make points," the 22-year-old said. "But I was skiing good even in Beaver Creek and St. Moritz before going off course." Pietilae-Holmner, the GS runner-up at the 2007 worlds, secured her first World Cup podium in GS. "Its a perfect Christmas present," the 27-year-old said. "I had two seasons with both knee injury and shoulder injury. Im back without injury so I can put the energy in the right things." World slalom champion Mikaela Shiffrin was eighth, improving from her 12th-place finish in slalom at Courchevel on Tuesday. The previous weekend, the 18-year-old had failed to finish another GS in the Swiss resort of St. Moritz. "I was really tired coming from the U.S. to here (Europe). I had to rethink how I was doing things, getting my recoveries and stuff," Shiffrin said. "Before this race I actually got some rest and I felt a lot better today, which means that I just have to ski faster. Im happy with the top 10." She thought that she could have done better, however, with more preparation. "I think the first run was a little bit straighter than I thought it would be from looking at it on inspection. Its a lesson for next time," she said. "I have to be able to see its a little straighter so I can go, because some of the other girls hammered it and they were really fast, and thats where I lost some time." Defending overall champion Tina Maze, who was second in Saturdays downhill, improved in her second run to finish 11th. The Slovenian is still looking for her first win of the season and says she feels mentally tired. "Maybe its the result of the progam I have. Since St. Moritz every day Im in ski boots, skiing and training and its tough to be in shape every day and to concentrate 100 per cent," she said. "I really need two days break now, just to relax a little bit. I think its pretty tiring when youre going up and down and fighting every day to be positive." The 30-year-old Maze looked set for a competitive time but almost fell on her first run. "I was skiing really good so Im excited about my skiing, but with that mistake it was just too hard to come in front and be relaxed in the second run," she said. "I was attacking too much and on this snow when you push too much its not a good idea." Cheap Puma Shoes Online Australia .C. -- The Carolina Hurricanes have activated defenceman Joni Pitkanen from injured reserve. Puma Online Sale Australia .The Toronto Raptors guard, who will represent the Eastern Conference at the All-Star Game in New Orleans on Sunday, says he doesnt complain in the face of adversity "because I know this little girl is just happy for anything. http://www.pumaaustraliawholesale.com/ . He learned about pressure and expectations at the 2010 Games in his hometown of Vancouver. His next mission is to build on that experience at his next Olympic appearance in Sochi, where he plans to ride the momentum from the teams strong start to the season.BALTIMORE - The Detroit Tigers starting pitchers in the first three games of the AL Division Series have a combined 329 wins, three Cy Young Awards and 35 games of post-season experience.Baltimores starters carry less impressive credentials, yet they dont necessarily have to outpitch their Detroit counterparts for the Orioles to advance.All they have to do is keep it close, then hand the baseball over to one of the best bullpens in major leagues.Detroit (90-72) didnt win as many games as the Orioles (96-66), who ran away with the AL East title to earn home-field advantage in the best-of-five series that begins Thursday. But the AL Central-champion Tigers have been installed as a slight favourite a€” mainly because of their formidable starting rotation.Max Scherzer (18-5, 3.15 ERA) starts on Thursday, followed by Justin Verlander (15-12, 4.54) and David Price (15-12, 3.26). That also happens to be a list of the last three AL Cy Young winners.Advantage, Detroit?I think we all know what it looks like on paper, Orioles manager Buck Showalter said Wednesday. But theres a lot of things that look a certain way on paper for us that we were able to overcome.Orioles right-hander Chris Tillman (13-6, 3.34 ERA) will make his first foray into the post-season in the opener. Although Showalter declined the announced his starters for Friday and Sunday, they will likely be Wei-Yin Chen (16-6, 3.54) and Miguel Gonzalez (10-9, 3.23), each of whom has pitched in exactly one playoff game.If playoff experience and Cy Young Awards mean anything, then Detroit has a decent chance to reach the AL Championship Series for a fourth straight year.Pitching. Thats what wins ballgames, Price said. If we put up zeroes early, that kind of gives our offence a chance to kind of settle into the game. They know they dont have to put up a three- or four-spot because were down.But if a game is close in the seventh inning, the Orioles like their chances.Weve got a good bullpen, we have a good starting staff, said closer Zach Britton, who finished with 37 saves. Anytime theres a close game, were confident we can pull it out, and weve done that a lot this year.Britton (1.65 ERA) usually woorks the ninth inning. Puma Outlet Store Australia. Andrew Miller (1.35 ERA in 23 games with Baltimore) or Darren ODay (1.70) take care of the eighth, following hard-throwing Tommy Hunter.Back in May, when Detroit last played the Orioles, Hunter (3-2, 2.97 ERA) was the closer and Miller was still pitching for Boston.Much has changed.Britton has really established himself since we last saw Baltimore. Hes one of the best closers in the game, Detroit manager Brad Ausmus said. They acquired Andrew Miller, who obviously had a track record coming in. And now youve got a closer who can pitch the sixth or seventh inning. Thats not a bad position to be in if youre the Orioles. Their bullpen has done a good job, and thats part of the reason theyve been so successful.Ausmus has been calling upon Joba Chamberlain to work the eighth and Joe Nathan to get the final three outs. The duo experienced mixed results during the regular season a€” Chamberlain was 2-5 with four blown saves and a 3.57 ERA, and Nathan finished 5-4 with seven blown saves and a lofty 4.81 ERA.Advantage Baltimore?Britton, from what Ive seen, his balls moving all over the place, Tigers outfielder Torii Hunter said. Theyve got a nice little bullpen over there. Weve seen some dirty pitching (in the AL Central), so I dont think it will be new, but it will be tough. Those guys are good.Scherzer, meanwhile, hasnt faced the Orioles since June 17, 2013. He knows this much: Baltimore led the majors with 211 home runs, so the right-hander had better be careful.A team that swings the bat like that, theyre dangerous, he said. Theyre dangerous one through nine. Thats something I know going into the start. They need to have a good game plan against me and I need to have a good game plan against them.In other news, Ausmus declined to name his 25-man roster in part because of the status of injured outfielder Rajai Davis, who has pelvic strain.Rajai came in today, felt much better, but weve got to get past the point of his making some baseball moves in terms of running, exploding out of the box and taking swings, which he hasnt done yet, said Ausmus, who has until 10 a.m. Thursday to make his final decision. ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Grote Gezinnen // werken en kinderen Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: