Voor en door Grote Gezinnen
San Jose Sharks 1, Winnipeg Jets 0 (Jets 22-24-5, 11-14-1 on

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Grote Gezinnen // werken en kinderen
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
zhanjiao1212

BerichtGeplaatst: 23-03-2019 03:27:43    Onderwerp: San Jose Sharks 1, Winnipeg Jets 0 (Jets 22-24-5, 11-14-1 on Reageren met citaat
San Jose Sharks 1, Winnipeg Jets 0 (Jets 22-24-5, 11-14-1 on road) - After the win in Anaheim against the top team in the Pacific Division, the Jets faced the Sharks - the second best team in the Pacific Division. Adidas Stan Smith Sale Uk . The loss was the first under Paul Maurice, snapping the team and Ondrej Pavelecs win streak at four. It was the second time this season the Jets have been shut out. The Jets are in a stretch of three games in four nights, with a home game against Toronto Saturday (TSN 1290) and a road game in Chicago on Sunday (TSN Jets, TSN 1290). The first period was fast paced with chances at both ends, as the shots ended 11-11. Jets went 0-2 on the power play. The pace slowed in the second as the Sharks kept the Jets to just four shots on goal; Pavelec stopped all 11 he faced. Each team had a power play, the Jets man-advantage coming after a charging penalty to Mike Brown for a dangerous hit from behind on Jacob Trouba. Trouba was slow to get up but stayed in the game. The only goal of the game came in the third, as the Sharks capitalized on a Jets turnover - Joe Pavelski, with his seventh in four games and 28th on the year, scoring the goal. The Sharks outshot the Jets 10-5 in the third. The Jets killed off two third period penalties, going 3-3 on the night. Final shots favoured San Jose, 32-20, with Alex Stalock picking up his second straight shutout. Bryan Little has his point-streak snapped at five games but had a terrific opportunity in the third only to miss the net with his one-timer. Blake Wheeler and Mark Scheifele had their streaks end at four games. Pavelec stopped a high, hard blast from Brent Burns in the third. He stayed down for a time, was checked out and stayed in the game, but still seemed to be feeling the effects off the shot as the game wore on. "The effort was there," said coach Maurice post-game. "Were there areas we can be better in, yes. We need to find ways to generate more against these teams. I didnt have a problem with the group, some individuals that we needed more from I will get to. They dont give you much. Its difficult to complete plays against them. Our D core got tested by two very good teams on this trip and did well. Can we become a good defensive team but keep the offense? I think we can. Im excited about this group going forward." Toby Enstrom and Zach Bogosian have become the Jets shutdown pair on defense and had two good games against two tough teams. "I like the way they move the puck, like the way they play the game," said Maurice. Trouba led the team in ice time at 24:23, Olli Jokinen led in shots with five. It was not a good night in the face-off department, with the Sharks winning 65 per cent. Cheap Adidas Stan Smith Trainers . The trade deadline is Monday, Mar. 2 at 3pm et/Noon pt. TRADES COMPLETED SINCE OCT. 1, 2014: Feb. 15, 2015 Toronto Maple Leafs acquire: F Olli Jokinen, F Brendan Leipsic, 1st Round Pick (2015) Nashville Predators acquire: D Cody Franson, F Mike Santorelli Feb. Cheap Adidas Stan Smith Online . You can watch all the action on TSN2 beginning at 7pm et/4pm pt. Pineda won his second straight start last Wednesday against Chicago, as he held the Cubs to just four hits over six scoreless innings to run his record to 2-0, while lowering his ERA to 1. http://www.cheapstansmithuk.com/ .Leicester won 25-21 in a heated European Rugby Champions Cup group match on Sunday.Toulon said on its website on Wednesday that it decided to open an investigation after Leicester complained about the behaviour of prop Martin Castrogiovanni and fullback Delon Armitage.With the world commemorating the 25th anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall this week, TSNs Dave Naylor explores the story of hockeys famed Stastny brothers. Stastny premieres tonight at 6pm et/3pm pt on TSNs SportsCentre. Marian Stastnys eyes fill with tears and his deep voice struggles for the words to aptly describe the day, more than 34 years ago, when he knew his life would never be the same. Marian and his younger siblings, Peter and Anton, were starring at the 1980 European Championship in Innsbruck, Austria. Before the tournament was over, his brothers needed to talk to him but Marian had no idea what was coming. No idea that he was about to learn he might never see Peter and Anton again, that he would be returning behind the Iron Curtain without them to a life he would not recognize. And then he learned the secret his brothers had been keeping from him, that Peter and Anton were defecting to Canada and the NHL without him, understanding that Marian couldnt go since his wife and three children remained back in Czechoslovakia. I said `did I hear you well? Youre not coming back? What are you trying to do? Marian says, his face recreating the look of fear and confusion it must have worn more than three decades ago as it dawned on him what was about to happen. The 61-year-old then recalls the fever that washed over him, the likes of which he had never experienced before or since. It was the worst moment I had to go to in my life so far because I realized it will be over for me and I cannot go with them because I didnt have my family with me … My kids, my wife. All these years later, after engineering his own escape from Czechoslovakia in 1981 and making Quebec City his permanent home since retiring from the NHL in 1986, Marian Stastny still wrestles with trying to comprehend the choice his brothers made. I never understood, he says. I dont understand it even today. What Marian Stastny had no trouble understanding was what he was about to face upon returning to Czechoslovakia after his brothers defected. He was kicked off the national team, told he could not practice his profession as a lawyer and shunned by nearly everyone. His punishment was a lesson to anyone else who might have similar ideas as those of Peter and Anton: if you defect, those you leave behind will pay the price. Peter and Anton had escaped by jumping into a car that drove them through the night to Vienna where they took room in the Intercontinental Hotel, waiting for instructions on when to proceed to the Canadian embassy. With spies and secret police in tow, the Stastnys were whisked through the streets of Vienna as if something out of a James Bond movie, first to the Canadian embassy and then the airport bound for Amsterdam and then Montreal. It was an incredible story of escape, with Anton and Peter going from being under the thumb of the Soviet-backed government of Czechoslovakia to living out their dreams of freedom and playing the game they so dearly loved alongside the worlds best. All, however, while caarrying the burden of what Marian was sustaining back home. Adidas Stan Smith Sale. . I felt really responsible for all the misery that he had to go through, said Peter. They punished him miserably, they made him nobody, nothing. They isolated him... he lost all his friends because you talk to him `hi Marian, you were called to the police station... so gradually with psychological terror, he was completely isolated. Marian Stastny begged for an opportunity to resume the life he had known before his brothers defected, but to no avail. He petitioned the government to allow him and his family to join his brothers in Canada on humanitarian grounds since there was nothing left for him in Czechoslovakia. It all went nowhere, leaving him with just one option. Using forged documents to escape via Hungary, Marian, his wife and three children managed to make it to Canada as well in 1981, where he was reunited with his brothers in Quebec City. I still have it in my mind right now, when they walk through those doors... Marian, his wife and three children, said Anton. You get something like lungs back in your body, before you felt like you dont breathe as youre supposed to. And once reunited, the three played like four, their ability to instinctively know where each other was on the ice helping turn them into one of the best lines of the 1980s and perhaps the best brother line in NHL history. It was a remarkable journey for the three who grew up among six siblings with their parents in a two-bedroom flat not far from Bratislava Castle and the centre of the city. It wasnt the dreariest of the communist housing projects, but it was very simple nonetheless. Out back in the area between the buildings was something called a yama, which essentially was a dip in the land that would fill naturally with water in the fall. In the winter, it would turn to ice. And so the Stastny brothers, who would one day form one of the greatest NHL lines of the 1980s, began here. They would play all day, from sun-up to sun-down, eventually joining their national team, allowing people beyond their borders to learn about, as Quebec Nordiques president Marcel Abut put it, there is a mother in Czechoslavakia who got a son who is a star on the left side, another son who is a star in the centre, and another one who is the star on the right wring... I said `thats it, we have to go and pick them up. How do we do this? And so began the quest to get the Stastnys out of Czechoslovakia and the remarkable journey that saw two of them separated from one in a world where politics and sports did not mix. How different their story would have been if Marian had never managed to escape with his family, had the communist governments of Eastern Europe not all crumbled, allowing them to reunite with friends and family left behind. During this week which marks the 25th anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall, the Stastnys provide a reminder of both the triumphs and the challenges presented by that chapter in European political and sports history. ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Grote Gezinnen // werken en kinderen Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: