Voor en door Grote Gezinnen
The Pittsburgh Penguins got one of the top free agent defenc

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Grote Gezinnen // schoolkinderen
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
zhanjiao1212

BerichtGeplaatst: 25-01-2019 06:19:25    Onderwerp: The Pittsburgh Penguins got one of the top free agent defenc Reageren met citaat
The Pittsburgh Penguins got one of the top free agent defencemen on the market and didnt have to give up big money or term to get it done. Cole Hamels Jersey . Numbers Game looks at the signing of Christian Ehrhoff. The Penguins Get: D Christian Ehrhoff. Ehrhoff, 31, was surprisingly bought out of his contract by the Buffalo Sabres and became one of the most appealing free agent defencemen on a thin market, yet decided to accept a one-year deal with a championship contender. While Ehrhoffs possession numbers werent great in Buffalo, thats no surprise playing for the worst team in the league, and Ehrhoff has consistently posted very strong relative possession numbers, so even though the Penguins may not be a possession powerhouse, they are a better team and have a supporting cast that should allow Ehrhoff to thrive. Since 2008-2009, he has 223 points, which ranks 13th among defencemen and hes averaged better than 23 minutes per game in each of the past four seasons. In Pittsburgh, Ehrhoff effectively takes over for Matt Niskanen, which should include some power play time, but this will allow the Penguins to be a little more judicious as they bring in their young defencemen. Simon Despres is due to move into he lineup and both Olli Maatta and prospect Derrick Pouliot are coming off shoulder surgery, so having Ehrhoff, Paul Martin and Kris Letang gives them a core around which they can anchor their defence. This isnt to suggest that Ehrhoff is a saviour, but hes capable of handling top-pair minutes, so getting that calibre of defenceman without having to give up term or significant money is a virtual gift for the Penguins. Additionally, signing for one year and $4-million, Ehrhoff sets himself up for another big contract next season, should he be so inclined. From the Sabres perspective, they already know that they arent going to be good next year and, apparently, had concerns about Ehrhoff retiring before the end of his contract and the recapture penalties that would go with it. Theyre decidedly worse without Ehrhoff, but being worse when your team finishes 30th still means finishing 30th. Scott Cullen can be reached at Scott.Cullen@bellmedia.ca and followed on Twitter at http://twitter.com/tsnscottcullen. For more, check out TSN Fantasy on Facebook. Ferguson Jenkins Jersey . But sometimes the way you lose takes precedence over the final score. And how the Jets lost the 5-4 game to the New York Islanders on Thursday is what had Coach Claude Noel hot after the game. Russell Wilson Jersey . Pierre last November, only to watch St. Pierre leave the UFC octagon with his welterweight title belt and a split-decision victory. http://www.authentictexasrangersgear.com/rangers-ivan-rodriguez-jersey/ . The Cubs made the moves before Thursdays game against Arizona. They promoted left-hander Zac Rosscup and right-hander Neil Ramirez from Triple-A Iowa and optioned righty Blake Parker to their top minor league team.BROSSARD, Que. -- Montreal Canadiens goaltender Carey Price said Saturday the "lower body" injury he suffered in the NHL Eastern Conference final wont need surgery. Prices playoffs ended in the second period of the series opener after New York Rangers forward Chris Krieder crashed into him while on a breakaway. He would only call it a lower body injury, although he was wearing a brace on his right knee in the days after the incident. "Over time its going to get back to normal," he said. "I actually got really lucky, it could have been a lot worse than it was." Price lay on the ice for a moment after the collision early in the second period of New Yorks 7-2 victory, but finished the period. He was substituted by back-up Peter Budaj for the third. No penalty was called on the play, although teammate Brandon Prust said Kreiders crash was "accidental on purpose." "I dont think he did it intentionally and I dont think he tried to miss me either," said Price. "He was coming in with a lot of speed and he lost his footing. "Theres not much really to be said. Im not going to go seeking revenge or anything like that. Hockey is a game of chance and unfortunately, I was unlucky in that situation." Budaj was beaten for three goals in his one period of action and coach Michel Therrien made the surprise decision to start third-stringer Dustin Tokarski for the rest of the series. Tokarski, who had only played 10 NHL regular season games in his career and had no playoff experience, was solid in goal, going 2-3-1 with a 2.60 goals-against average and a .917 save percentage. Price had been 8-4-1 with a 2.35 average and a .919 save percentage. "That was probably one of the hardest situations you could ever throw a guy into and he really excelled," Price said of Tokarski, a former rival in the junior Western Hockey League. Shin-Soo Choo Jersey. "He showed why hes won at different levels. "Hes an awesome guy and Ive got to tip my hat to him. He did an awesome job." It left Budaj out to dry. The Slovak has a year remaining on his contract but looks to have been bumped to third-string status. Price feels for him. "Its definitely a tough spot," he said. "Peters one of the genuinely nicest human beings Ive ever met. "Hes an unbelievable backup. Hes one of the best friends I have on this team and he showed a lot of character. He never hung his head, never pouted and he showed the utmost support for everybody, including Dustin. It takes a special person to do that." Price was on an accelerated rehab program after the injury. Going from a five-minute skate to a half hour in pads and then practising with his teammates. He said he should have been able to play if the team reached the Stanley Cup final. "I would have been pushing my luck to come back real quick, but obviously the time of year I would be trying to come back real soon," he said. "Obviously, in the playoffs you play through things, and thats what I wanted to do. But theres also the reality that no matter how bad you want to play and how bad you want to get in there, theres also a question of how effective you are going to be. That was a decision that we had to make." He said the injury was not related to the one he suffered while backstopping Canada to gold at the Sochi Olympics in February. The 26-year-old plans to continue rehab in Montreal for a short spell and return home to British Columbia to heal and get ready for next season. Cheap Jerseys China NFL Jerseys China NFL Jerseys Wholesale Discount Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Baseball Jerseys Free Shipping Cheapest College Jerseys Sale Cheap Football Jerseys China Nike NFL Jerseys Canada Wholesale NHL Jerseys From China MLB Jerseys Outlet Canada Wholesale NBA Jerseys Canada Store Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap Authentic Jerseys Canada ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Grote Gezinnen // schoolkinderen Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: