Voor en door Grote Gezinnen
VIRGINIA WATER, England -- Only a few days after sending out

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Grote Gezinnen // werken en kinderen
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
zhanjiao1212

BerichtGeplaatst: 22-03-2019 04:28:10    Onderwerp: VIRGINIA WATER, England -- Only a few days after sending out Reageren met citaat
VIRGINIA WATER, England -- Only a few days after sending out wedding invitations, golfer Rory McIlroy broke off his engagement to Danish tennis player Caroline Wozniacki on Wednesday. Adidas Superstar Clearance . Uncomfortable and subdued, the two-time major winner spoke about the decision ahead of the BMW PGA Championship, only a few hours after first announcing the split in a statement. "It is quite a difficult time for Caroline and myself, and the statement really said it all this morning," McIlroy said at Wentworth. "It was mutual and we both thought it was the best for us, the best for both of us. Time to move on, and Ive said all that I need to say." The 25-year-old McIlroy and 23-year-old Wozniacki have been dating since 2011. They were engaged on New Years Eve in Australia. The decision to call off the wedding came as surprise to many, especially since McIlroy had only recently spoke of his delight in meeting up with Wozniacki in London after competing in the Players Championship a couple of weeks ago. Wozniacki had been due to compete in an event in Rome but withdrew to meet up with him. "Look, Im no different than anyone else," the Northern Irishman said. "Everyone has been through breakups, and its obviously very, very difficult. But look, Im here to try and concentrate on this week and answer questions about golf, and thats what Im going to do." Both McIlroy and Wozniacki have been the top-ranked player in their respective sports, but Wozniacki has not won a major title. McIlroy won his first major at the 2011 U.S. Open, and then added another a year later at the U.S. PGA Championship. In the earlier statement, McIlroy took the blame for the breakup. "The problem is mine. The wedding invitations issued at the weekend made me realize that I wasnt ready for all that marriage entails," McIlroy said. "I wish Caroline all the happiness she deserves and thank her for the great times weve had. I will not be saying anything more about our relationship in any setting." At Wentworth, McIlroy is among the top players at this weeks European Tour flagship event. "Im not going to lie. Its going to be very difficult," McIlroy said of playing this week. "But you know, at least when I get inside the ropes, just try and concentrate on the shot at hand. But yeah, its obviously going to be difficult." At least McIlroy will have something to cheer him up. The Manchester United fan will play in the pro-am alongside three former stars from the club, Teddy Sheringham, Peter Schmeichel and Phil Neville. "Ive been a Manchester United fan my whole life, and getting to play with three Manchester United legends is going to be a nice afternoon," McIlroy said. "I remember watching the Champions League final in 99 when United beat (Bayern) Munich in Barcelona, and it was a very memorable night. All those three guys were involved." Cheap Adidas Superstar . The goals took Liverpools tally in the Premier League this season to 70, overtaking Manchester City as the top scorers, and left the fourth-place team just four points behind league leader Chelsea. Cheap Adidas Superstar Online . The appointment of Boullier continues the behind-the-scenes restructuring at McLaren, who recently brought back former team principal Ron Dennis as its new chief executive. http://www.cheapsuperstaruk.com/ . Colorado came up big against Chicago last spring, and repeated that performance Tuesday night. Varlamov stopped 36 shots and Paul Stastny had a goal and an assist for the Avalanche in a 5-1 victory over the Blackhawks.NEW ORLEANS -- When DeMarcus Cousins drilled a 16-foot jump shot on the Sacramento Kings first possession of the second half, he had the look of a player who was ready to take over a game. Next came a layup, then a follow shot as he was fouled for a three-point play, then a layup as he was fouled for another three-point play. Cousins made all seven of his shots in the third quarter on his way to a 35-point, 14-rebound performance, and the Kings snapped a three-game skid with a 102-97 victory over the New Orleans Pelicans on Monday night. "I just had to come out and set the tempo for the second half and try to get my teammates involved," Cousins said. "So that was my main thing." He did it on both ends, helping his team outrebound New Orleans 47-30. Sacramento pulled down 15 offensive rebounds, a big reason for the Kings 22-4 advantage in second-chance points. "We dominated," Cousins said, referring to the Kings rebounding. "That was one of our key points going into the game tonight." Ray McCallum, starting at point guard because of Isaiah Thomas right thigh injury, had 22 points and 10 assists. He also committed only one turnover in nearly 44 minutes. "I have a great opportunity to go out there and play, and Im trying to make the most of it," McCallum said. "Being a rookie playing against great players, you cant be out there turning the ball over." Rudy Gay also scored 22, including a momentum-swinging 3-pointer after the Pelicans had pulled within a point in the fourth quarter. Reggie Evans grabbed 12 rebounds before his ejection for an elbow to Anthony Davis face on a collision that occurred as Evans went up for a close-range shot. Davis, returning from left ankle injury that forced him to miss a start on Saturday, had 22 points. Anthony Morrow scored 23 points and Tyreke Evans 15 for the Pelicans, who have dropped two straight on the heels of their season-high, five-game winning streak. "We just did not have a great level of sustained effort," Pelicans coach Monty Williams said, adding that Cousins was a "tough cover." "A number of times we had double-teams down there and he just bulled through the double team and ggot to the basket," Williams said. Wholesale Adidas Superstar. Kings coach Mike Malone, who built a reputation for coaching defence as an assistant with Cleveland and later for New Orleans under Williams, was dismayed by the 55 points the Kings allowed in the first half, but was pleased by his teams response thereafter. "We bludgeoned them on the glass," Malone said. "Its a very good win for us on the road against a team thats playing well." Sacramento used a 14-6 third-quarter run to lead by as many as 12 points. The surge started with Cousins saving the ball along the baseline and slinging a pass to McCallum, who in turn found Ben McLemore sneaking in behind the defence for an alley-oop dunk. There were two more dunks during the spurt. Cousins powered up through a crowd of players under the basket for a two-handed jam which gave him 26 points at that point -- and 5,000 for his four-year career. McLemore, who had 14 points, ended the spurt with a breakaway dunk set up by Travis Outlaws steal from Darius Miller. But New Orleans closed the period on an 8-0 run during which Evans was ejected. Officials conferred while watching a replay before calling the flagrant-2 foul on the Kings forward, who responded to the crowds applause of his dismissal by smiling and raising his arms as he walked to the tunnel. Davis, who remained face-down on the court for several seconds after the foul, got up and hit both free throws. Then Morrow added a 3 to make it 80-76. Morrow got the Pelicans as close as 84-83 with a jumper in the middle of the fourth quarter, but Gay responded immediately with a 3 from the corner, and McCallum added two jumpers to make it an eight-point game. New Orleans never got closer than four points again, and McCallum finished with 10 points in the period. "Hes definitely going to be a big part of this team," Cousins said. "With each game hes growing, his confidence is growing. So hopefully he continues down that path." Notes: In his first season as a head coach, Malone went 3-1 against Williams team. ... Jared Cunningham played 4:17 in his first game since being signed by Sacramento. He had two points and a rebound. ... Pelicans C Jeff Withey had a career-high five blocks. ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Grote Gezinnen // werken en kinderen Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: