Voor en door Grote Gezinnen
Toni Duggan thinks the arrival of Swedish striker Kosovare A

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Grote Gezinnen // werken en kinderen
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
zhanjiao1212

BerichtGeplaatst: 25-03-2019 06:45:13    Onderwerp: Toni Duggan thinks the arrival of Swedish striker Kosovare A Reageren met citaat
Toni Duggan thinks the arrival of Swedish striker Kosovare Asllani will help Manchester City Women attract even larger crowds this season. Nike Shoes Canada Clearance . Citys average gate for home matches last term was 1500 supporters - more than double the 2014 league average - and the club also set an FA WSL record in last years season finale when 3,180 spectators attended their 2-1 win over Notts County Ladies.Asllani arrived from Paris Saint-Germain in the close season after a prolific three-and-a-half year spell where she scored 45 goals in all competitions for the French side. And England striker Duggan believes the lure of Champions League football will help City attract more players of Asllanis calibre in the future.Shes really good and Ive loved linking up with her in pre-season, Duggan told Sky Sports News HQ.Its sometimes difficult for new players but she seems to have settled in fine. Shes that type of character and Im sure shell attract the crowds as well because of her flair, her pace and her style of play, and she can also score great goals. Duggan hopes City can continue playing attractive football Every top player wants to play in the Champions League and bringing players like Asllani and Jane Ross to the club adds to the group that we have and will help us keep progressing as a teamHopefully she can do a job for us.City Women moved into the state-of the-art Academy Stadium - located on the Etihad Campus - last season, a week after the ground played host to England Womens friendly against China. Pablo Zabaleta at Citys Academy Stadium Season ticket sales have almost doubled ahead of the new season and Duggan hopes City can continue playing free-flowing attacking football in order for that trend to continue.We know there is a long way to go but doubling the number of season tickets we have sold over the past few years has been a great achievement for the club, Duggan said, as she personally delivered season tickets and signed shirts to some lucky fans along with captain Steph Houghton. City have almost doubled season ticket sales for next season I think part of the success is people have been attracted to our football. People want to come along and watch a good game of football and thats what we have given themIn the past two years of the WSL its gone down to the last day which also adds to the excitement and long may that continue.I think the city of Manchester has been crying out for a womens team and I think they have really got behind us in the last two seasons.The support has been incredible and its nice that I could come along and give some of our loyal fans a season ticket for the rest of the season. Hopefully they enjoy it and hopefully we can put in the performances that keep attracting the crowds, because its been brilliant. Also See: Man City video Man City fixtures Man City stats Get a free £10 bet Wholesale Nike Shoes For Sale . Viewers in the Jets region can watch the game on TSN Jets at 6:30pm ct/7:30pm et. The game is also avialable on TSN Radio 1290 in Winnipeg at 7pm ct. Cheap Nike Shoes Canada . On paper, it looks a little like Andre the Giant taking on a midget wrestler. It has all the makings of a rout with the Americans adding an eighth win in nine outings of this biennial event. The Yanks have eight players in the top 15 in the world while the Internationals have just one. http://www.clearancenikeshoescanada.com/ . The Jets have now won three straight at home and four of the last five at the MTS Centre. After a scoreless first period, Brad Marchand scored his first goal in eight games eight seconds into the second.Its been a long wait for Mackenzie Hughes but in just a couple of weeks, hell finally kick off his 2014 season on the Web.Com Tour. The former Canadian Amateur champion, who made his rookie year as a professional a memorable one, has had a long wait to get back on the course and after last season, hes anxious to play. "Its funny that my season really ended in September," he said, noting the end of the PGA Tour Canada schedule. "That was so long ago and Ive had so much time to think about it." Whats probably crossed his mind from time to time has been his great campaign of 2013, where he went from having no status and minimal financial backing to winning the Order of Merit on PGA Tour Canada, which gave him an exemption onto the Web.Com Tour. It was certainly a whirlwind season but one the product of Dundas, Ont., never doubted he could make. After playing for Canada at the World Team Amateur Championship, Hughes turned pro, moved to Charlotte, N.C., and ventured out into the world of mini-tours. "I dont like mini-tours so much," he chuckled. "Youre not playing for a lot of money and its definitely not glamourous." However, thats about all Hughes had at that point. And he did learn a thing or two about life as a professional, which was a definite change from his amateur and college days. "You have to learn on your own pretty quickly," he said. "Youre really on your own." One thing that didnt change, however, was his talent. It didnt take him long to parlay a couple of PGA Tour Canada starts into a regular gig. And, in June, after going through the qualifying and winning a playoff, he made it into the U.S. Open. Although he didnt make the cut at Merion, it was an eye-opening experience. "It showed me that Im not that far off, that I can play at that level," he stated. "And it helped me when I got back to PGA Tour Canada." After missing the cut in his first three stops, Hughes rolled off ffour top-10 finishes in his next five events. Nike Shoes Canada Online. That included a runner-up finish at the Wildfire Invitational and a victory at the Cape Breton Celtic Classic. His success on the course also helped him off it. When he first turned pro, Hughes attempted to find sponsors, even coming up with a plan to sell shares of himself. That didnt work out and in the early going, things were tight. This year, hes signed on with SportBox Entertainment Group, the new Canadian agency thats headed up by former IMGer Danny Fritz and includes as clients Mike Weir, Graham DeLaet and David Hearn. Hes found some stability with sponsorships from Ping and Freedom 55 Financial, but says hes a long way from being on easy street. "Its better for sure, but at the same time, Im going to spend a lot more money this year," Hughes pointed out. "Ill be paying for caddies, more travel, more of everything really. It adds up pretty quick. But if I play well, its not an issue." In addition to learning how to balance his chequebook, Hughes is learning the ropes of another new tour, this one a step up on the competitive scale. The long layoff has made it possible for him to glean lots of information about playing the Web.com Tour, but that has an upside and downside. "Ive talked to a million different people about it," Hughes said. "Ive maybe got too much advice. Im really just trying to figure out whats best for me." He has sought out help from those whove gone before him and hes hoping to play practice rounds with fellow Canadians Roger Sloan and Adam Hadwin to not only learn about courses, but also life on tour. He will also likely join up with another Canadian rookie, Albin Choi to share expenses and experiences. "Im more excited than nervous," Hughes admitted. "I want to test my game against the next level and see where I am." Hughes will get that opportunity when the Tour gets underway Feb. 13 in Bogota, Colombia. ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Grote Gezinnen // werken en kinderen Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: