Voor en door Grote Gezinnen
WINNIPEG - Cam Ward grinned as he described how he felt like

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Grote Gezinnen // zwanger van een derde...of meer
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
zhanjiao1212

BerichtGeplaatst: 22-04-2019 07:37:26    Onderwerp: WINNIPEG - Cam Ward grinned as he described how he felt like Reageren met citaat
WINNIPEG - Cam Ward grinned as he described how he felt like a kid making some key saves in his Carolina Hurricanes 3-2 victory over the Winnipeg Jets on Saturday. Steve Mandanda Jersey . Ward stole a pair of goals from Winnipeg centre Bryan Little in the first period, beginning with a pad save during a Jets two-man advantage and then displaying his quickness with a highlight-reel stick stop. Little was about to fire the puck into a wide-open side of the net, but Ward whipped out his stick and the puck hit the paddle. "It was a fun save," Ward said with a chuckle after making 34 stops. "The initial shot was in a position where I knew I was going to have to kick out a bit of a rebound. Just out of pure desperation, I threw my stick out there and made a save that brings you back to the ol street hockey days as a kid. "But Little, I think he got even with me scoring that second goal in the third period so it all evens out." Jets head coach Paul Maurice, who coached the Hurricanes for parts of 11 seasons, even tipped his hat to Ward. "Cam Ward was the story of this hockey game," Maurice said. "He was the best player on the ice." The Jets had mounted a 9-0 advantage in shots on goal on the way to a 13-6 gap at the end of a scoreless first period. Ward then got some offensive help from his teammates, as brothers Eric and Jordan Staal and Riley Nash each scored within a span of two minutes and 53 seconds in the second. Defenceman Andrej Sekera had a pair of assists for the Hurricanes (31-31-9) to give him 31 on the season to go with 11 goals. Jets centre Jim Slater had scored his first goal of an injury-marred season 7:48 into the second, but Eric Staal got the roll going 37 seconds later with his 17th goal of the season. Little scored his 21st goal of the season for Winnipeg (32-31-9) 1:27 into the third period. Al Montoya stopped 29 shots while making his fourth straight start in net for Winnipeg since Ondrej Pavelec went out with a lower-body injury. Hes expected to return to action next week. Montoya was pointing the finger at himself for the loss. "We came out firing. Their goaltender played well," Montoya said. "I didnt make the saves I needed to make and at the end of the day that cost us the game." Maurice said Montoya was wrong. "If a guy is clearly the reason youre in the hole, Ill get him out of the net before that happens," Maurice said. "They get to this level thinking they should stop everything. He will feel that because hes got a front-row seat to the way the guy at the other end is playing so its magnified." Carolina head coach Kirk Muller said Wards stellar play was inspiring for his teammates. "The guys knew that he was giving a great effort and he was keeping us in there," Muller said. "They were like, Hey, weve got to surround him with some better play here and, fortunately, we got timely goals. We played better the rest of the game and it was a nice team effort for everybody." Ward has battled through two injuries this season and was bumped to backup for Anton Khudobin, who was in net for Carolinas 3-2 loss to Chicago Friday night. Carolina returns home for a game Tuesday against the New York Islanders. Winnipeg, which heads out on a five-game road trip beginning Monday in Dallas, remains at 73 points. Heading into the game, the Jets were six points back of the final wild-card spot in the Western Conference. The Jets were coming off a 5-4 overtime win against Colorado on March 19. The loss to Carolina was Winnipegs 40th one-goal game this season and they are 18-13-9 in those outings. Jordan Staal made it 2-1 when he went through Jets defenders and scored over Montoyas blocker at 10:10 of the second while Slater was in the penalty box for tripping. Maurice said Winnipegs first period was "about as good as were going to play," but Staals power-play marker hurt. "No doubt we got tight at 2-1," he said. "You could feel it." The Jets, who were outshot 21-8 in the second, were working without defenceman Zach Bogosian, who left the game in the period with an upper-body injury that Maurice said isnt too serious. It appeared Stuart tied it up six minutes after Littles goal, but the goal was waved off for goaltender interference as Jets defenceman Dustin Byfuglien fell on top of Ward in the crease and was lying on his right arm. Winnipeg pulled Montoya with about 65 seconds left in the game and swarmed Ward, but the veteran held tough. The Jets outshot the Hurricanes 15-5 in the third. Notes: Jordan Staals power-play goal was the first the Jets have allowed at home in five consecutive games. Winnipegs penalty kill was ranked fifth-best (84.8 per cent) in the NHL heading into the game … Both the Jets and Hurricanes are 2-3-0 in their last five games … The game was the second one of Carolinas 18th set of back-to-back games this season. It plays two more. Only Jersey has more back-to-back sets this season with 22. The Hurricanes so far are 9-8-1 in the first game of their sets and 5-10-3 in the second game. Raphael Varane Jersey . Chris Capuano. Shane Greene. And now, Esmil Rogers. Kylian Mbappe France Jersey . Fifth-seeded Cilic gained his fourth title in Zagreb and became the third Croat overall to win at least 10 career titles. Cilic also lifted his career record in Zagreb to 22-4, winning 20 of his last 21 matches at the event. http://www.nationalfrancesoccer.com/n-golo-kante-france-jersey/ . Those who impressed in each of the three events were asked to attend the main CFL Combine which begins Friday in Toronto. BARCELONA, Spain -- Diego Costa became a one-man wrecking crew to lead Atletico Madrid to a 3-0 home win over Valencia on Sunday, scoring two second-half goals and earning a pair of penalties to ensure Diego Simeones side retained its share of the Spanish league lead with Barcelona. The Brazilian-born strikers brace drew him level with Real Madrid star Cristiano Ronaldo as the leagues leading scorers with 17 goals apiece through 16 rounds. "The important thing is to help the team win, not the goals," Diego Costa said. After a first half dominated by defence, Atletico pressed Valencia into its area and Diego Costa did the rest. He used a burst of speed capped with a stinging strike to beat goalkeeper Diego Alves on a counterattack for the 59th-minute opener. Raul Garcia went on in the 61st for David Villa to reinforce Atleticos midfield and two minutes later fired in a loose ball. Another charge into the area earned Diego Costa his first of two penalties when Victor Ruiz brought him down, only for Diego Alves to save his spot kick in the 74th. But Diego Costa again forced defender Antonio Barragan to foul him as he penetrated the box. This time he blasted the ball over the goalie in the 81st, sealing Atleticos eighth win in as many league games at Vicente Calderon Stadium. "We just go forward game by game," Diego Costa said. "We know that it will be very tough and the league is long, but we will keep fighting to keep this going." Atleticos title challenge gains strength with each passing round as it keeps pace with defending champion Barcelona and has crosstown Real Madrid trailing by five points. It has allowed a league-low nine goals and has found its scorer in Diego Costa, helped by Villa and Garcia, who have combined for another 15 goals in league play. "I always want more," Simeone said. "I dont want my team tto be passive. Florian Thauvin Jersey. I want the team to always push and never be satisfied. It is very tough to keep up with Barcelona, its numbers are stratospheric." Elsewhere, Real Sociedads promising playmaker Ruben Pardo set up three goals to mastermind a 5-1 rout of bottom side Real Betis. Sociedad may have flopped out of the Champions League, but has found its form in the domestic competition where it has won six of its last eight games and climbed into sixth place and the Europa League positions. The hosts overwhelmed Betis on the league debut of coach Juan Carlos Garrido, who replaced the fired Pepe Mel. The Seville-based side is now winless in the last nine rounds. Pardo passed for two goals by striker Imanol Agirretxe and another from defender Jon Ansotegi. Antoine Griezmann scored his 10th goal in the league this season, leaving him third overall behind Diego Costa and Ronaldo. Xabi Prieto rounded out the victory. "Its clear this is the way we need keep playing to go forward and not relax at any moment," said the 21-year-old Pardo, who was given an ovation when substituted late. "Everyone loves being applauded and for people to scream your name, but I am staying calm. I need to keep working to please our fans and, above all, help the team." Athletic Bilbao drew 1-1 at Sevilla to remain in fourth place and the last Champions League spot, but eight points adrift of Madrid. Almeria settled for a 0-0 draw at home against Espanyol after its coach was ejected from the dugouts and Jose "Verza" Garcia missed a penalty he had to repeat in the first half. Verza missed a 23rd-minute penalty he had to repeat after Almeria teammate Oscar Diaz had entered the area during his first attempt, which he converted. Almeria coach Francisco Rodriguez was ejected during a scuffle between both teams near the dugouts in the 32nd. ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Grote Gezinnen // zwanger van een derde...of meer Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: